Monday 20 April 2009

Second pass at ambient occlusion



Now I've added the larger scales I needed to recalculate the Ambient Occlusion texture. This is the result.

Actually it's three texures with different filter sizes layered on top of each other. Each accentuates different scale details.

This resulting texture will be used as the top layer of the textures over all the colour layers. If I could I'd set it to a multiply layer, but Mudbox doesn't support blend modes for textures yet. Instead I'll have to take this greyscale image and use it as the transparency of a black image. That's a bit of a pain as it's very difficult to see what the results will be in Photoshop. The sooner Autodesk get around to adding blend modes for texture layers the better as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment