Sunday 13 December 2009

Brink Character 1

I was commenting elsewhere a while back that there was something I just really don't like about the characters in the forthcoming game Brink by Splash Damage. I've been finding it hard to quantify though. I love stylised characters, but these don't sit right with me.

Then someone posted a link to a blog covering the art direction and that included some concepts of the characters. And although they're pretty similar to the end result I find them much better than the models.

And that bothered me too, so I thought I'd have a go at sculpting a character from the concepts to see if they came out like the models I don't like and maybe figure out what is I don't like about the end result and at what point it changes.

Here is the original blog post.

And here's my sculpt so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment